Annie Benson Peevler
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla
- pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.