Annie Benson Peevler
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 2 tsp. salt and pepper
- 2 or 3 onions, chopped
- 1 can (5.5 oz.) V-8
- 1 can (No. 203) tomatoes, juice or soup (I use a pop can size of tomato juice)
- 1 c. or 1 can beef bouillon
- 2 stalks celery, cut in 1Ó pieces (I use celery salt instead)
- 5 or 6 carrots, cut up
- 4 or 5 potatoes, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3 or 4 T. quick cooking tapioca
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
Season meat; arrange in ungreased 13” x 9”casserole. Add other ingredients. Bake 3 or 4 hours, until meat is tender, at 250 deg. Cover; do not peek for the first 3 hours.
Note: Can be made the night before and reheated the next day. Excellent with homemade biscuits.
I tried a ton of Beef Stew recipes and never really loved any of them — until I found this one. No browning the meat — you just throw everything in one big dish and in the oven it goes!