Category Archives: Desserts
Edna's Christmas Cookies
Edna's Pumpkin Cake Roll
Award-Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Annie Benson Peevler
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla
- pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
The Best Ever Banana Bread
FREEZE those really ripe bananas until you are ready to make.
- 1/2 c Shortening
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 c Flour
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 ripe bananas — thawed to room temp – use all liquid from the peel in the bowl when mixing
Mix all ingredients – grease bread pan and bake 1 hour for load; 30 minutes for muffins on 350
Slavik Hawaiian Luau Dessert
This dessert was served at Nick and Molly Slavik’s rehearsal luau dinner as prepared by Vikki Slavik. It’s completely worth the effort for a special occasion.
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 pkgs (3/4 oz each) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 cups Cold Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut extract
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 20 oz Canned Crushed Pineapple (well drained)
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped
- 2 cups Flaked Coconut, toasted (toast in oven, watch as they toast very quickly)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix cake batter according to directions. Pour batter into two 13 x 9 baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cake tests done (a toothpick inserted comes out
clean). Cool cake.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pudding mixes and cold milk. Add coconut extract. Beat 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and beat well. Stir in drained pinapple. Spread mixture over the cooled cakes. Top with Whipped Cream. Sprinkle dessert with toasted coconut.
May be frozen.
- 2 regular size avocados (buy 2 – 3 days before using, make sure it’s firm)
- 2 cans condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 2 cans carnation milk (12 fl oz.)
Blend till smooth, fill popsicle mold and freeze.
- 6oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 lb. butter or oleo
- 2 cup flour
Cream together and form into walnut size balls. Press into small muffin pans and form tarts. Fill with one of two fillings:
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 T. melted butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar or less
- 1cup chopped walnuts
Or cream filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla or lemon juice
Stir filling together. Fill tins about 3/4 full and bake 350 degrees for 25-30 min.
- 1 pkg. fresh cranberries
- ½ C. chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- ¾ C. honey
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ½ C. whole wheat flour
Butter a 10” pie pan. Sprinkle cranberries over bottom of the pan. Sprinkle nuts over cranberries.
Batter: Melt butter and honey together. Add beaten eggs and flour and mix well. Pour over cranberries and nuts. Bake 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn oven off, but leave in the oven for 10 more minutes. Serve with whipped cream (Optional).
Amy's Lemon Squares
These are from Amanda’s mom, Amy, who is an amazing cook.
Cooking Time: 45 min total
Preheat oven to: 350
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup (1 cube) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- grated peel from 1 lemon
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven. Lightly grease sides only of 8 inch square baking dish.
In medium bowl beat together 1 cup flour, butter, & powdered sugar (mixture will be fine crumbs). Pat onto bottom of dish and bake for 20 minutes.
In large bowl mix eggs, sugar, 2 T flour, lemon peel & juice. Pour over cooked base.
Bake 25 min. longer. Cool before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar.