- 2 T. Currants or golden raisins
- 2 -10 oz. packages prewashed fresh spinach (you could also use 2 packages frozen chopped, thawed spinach, with most of the water squeezed off)
- 1-2 T., olive oil
- 1/4 t. salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 t. garlic powder or 1 glove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 T. fresh grated Parmesan, Asiago, Percorino, or Romano cheese
- 1 -2 T. pine nuts
Toast the pine nuts in an oven, toaster or toaster oven until lightly browned.
Warm a 4 quart pot on the stove. Place 1T. Water in the pot, along with the olive oil and garlic and salt and pepper. Pack in spinach, and stir constantly until wilted and just cooked. Spinach should glisten. Remove from heat. Stir in pine nuts, currants or raisins and cheese. Serve immediately or set aside, covered for up to 15 minutes before serving. Serves 6-8.