- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 8 green onions, with long green stems
- 1 red pepper cut in ¼ “strips
- ¼ t. white pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- ½ t. crushed thyme
Cook beans in salted water 3 minutes. Plunge into ice water, drain. Blanch green onions for 15 seconds.
Remove and pat dry. Cut onion off stem. Gather a serving size bundle of green beans. Tie green onion stem around beans and knot. Place bundles in butter 8-13” pan. Slip several red pepper strips under the knot. Melt butter in small pan. Sauté” garlic 3 minutes. Add thyme and white pepper. Pour over beans.
Cover and refrigerate if made ahead. Bring to room temp and bake 375 degrees 7-10 minutes until heated through.
This is a great dish to make ahead and really not hard but creative. Try it you’ll like it!
* These are very pretty and great for Christmas dinner. The grandchildren even love them.