Makes a gallon.
[Editor’s note: Vegies from the cabbage family have lots of antioxidants, and are reputed to keep you from getting cancer.]
Heat large pan and add sausage and onion and sauté.
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 1 lb. Chorizo Sausage sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large onion- chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup dried navy beans which have been soaked overnight
- 2 bay leaves
- Cook covered 1 1/2 hours covered.
- 1 can red beans
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- Bunch Kale, washed and chopped
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/8 red pepper
Cook 1/2 hour more or until potatoes are done. Remove bay leaves.
Serve with slices of French bread.