Mary Beth Flanders
These beans were a big hit at the 2012 Flanders picnic.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pork and beans, drained
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 bacon slices, halved
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish; top with bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Note: We used K.C. Masterpiece Original Barbecue Sauce.