(from a Hy-Vee summer magazine)
- 1 cp sugar
- 1/4 cp canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cp canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cp water
- 2-1/4 cp flour (we substitute 1/2 cp whole wheat flour for part of the flour)
- 1-1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or make your own with 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
- 3/4 cp mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Stir together sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and water. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
4. Stir in pumpkin mixture, then stir in chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 9 large muffins. 380 calories per muffin. 13 gm fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 24 gm sugar, 7 gm protein, 60 gm total carbs, 80% RDA vitamin A