Food as Medicine: Whole Foods lists kale as the #1 super food. Here is a quick, easy and
delicious way to enjoy it raw.
- 1-bunch organic raw Kale (any kind), washed, deveined and torn into bite-sized pieces.
Use the following as a marinade:
- Braggs Liquid Aminos or Nama Shoyu
- Juice of one-half lemon
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
You can use sort of equal parts aminos, lemon juice and oil or more of one or the other to
taste (olive oil is 100% fat so I go a little less on that). Maybe ¼ cup of each? Pour the
marinade over the kale and massage it with your hands for 2-3 minutes, until it is tasty
and not bitter. It will be vibrant green.
Add the following:
- handful or so or organic pumpkin, white sesame and/or sunflower seeds
- handful or so of sunflower, mung, lentil or other sprouts (or whatever kind you like)
- ¼ red onion, sliced very thin, a handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half, or chopped red pepper.
Serves 4 as a side salad or 2 as a meal.