(from the Five a Day Kids Cookbook that we got at a garage sale for 25 cents)
- 1 cp prepared low fat Ranch salad dressing
- 1 cp prepared salsa
- 10 oz pkg romaine lettuce (or any other type, we use our garden lettuce when it’s available)
- 10 oz pkg shredded carrots (we shred our own, about 1 cp)
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cp shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cp baked tortilla chips, crushed
1. Combine ranch dressing and salsa; set aside.
2. In large bowl, layer romaine/lettuce, then carrots, black beans, corn, red onion, cheese. Pour dressing/salsa mix on top.
3. Chill 45-60 minutes in refrigerator.
4. When ready to serve, top with crushed tortilla chips.
Serves 8, but we often double the recipe so we can have leftovers.
245 calories per serving. 8 gm fat, 11 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 560 mg potassium, 37 gm total carbs