This dessert was served at Nick and Molly Slavik’s rehearsal luau dinner as prepared by Vikki Slavik. It’s completely worth the effort for a special occasion.
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 pkgs (3/4 oz each) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 cups Cold Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut extract
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 20 oz Canned Crushed Pineapple (well drained)
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped
- 2 cups Flaked Coconut, toasted (toast in oven, watch as they toast very quickly)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix cake batter according to directions. Pour batter into two 13 x 9 baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cake tests done (a toothpick inserted comes out
clean). Cool cake.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the pudding mixes and cold milk. Add coconut extract. Beat 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and beat well. Stir in drained pinapple. Spread mixture over the cooled cakes. Top with Whipped Cream. Sprinkle dessert with toasted coconut.
May be frozen.