Nick and Molly Slavik
This was the first dish that Nick learned to cook..It’s that easy.
- 2 Cans of Diced Seasoned Tomatoes
- 1 Can Mild Rotel Tomatoes (optional)
- 1 Can of Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 2 Can of Chili Seasoned Beans
- 1 Can of Black Beans, drained
- 1 Can of Great White Northern Beans (optional), drained
- 1 pound of Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning (season to taste 1/2 to 1 packet)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing/Seasoning Mix (optional)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cook the ground beef and drain. Put ground beef back into skillet and cook for a couple of minutes with taco seasoning (to preferred taste) and a tablespoon of water.
In a large pan add the seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, corn, and beans. Bring almost to a boil then reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes or until hot. For a creamier version add packet of ranch style dressing mix.
Serve with cheese added to each bowl and Saltine Crackers. Tastes even better the next day as leftovers.
Dear Nick and Molly:
This recipe reminds me of the wonderful chili served at the Grand Lunch in Keokuk, Iowa. On a cold day in the winter it will be fun to try. Judi Honore’